One and Two Bedroom, affordable assisted living in spacious private apartments with 24-hour monitoring and assisted living services available on-site; social programming in beautifully appointed community areas, including central dining.
The Rose of Waterloo
421 Oak Avenue
Waterloo, IA 50703
Gladys Rainey, Administrator
Office: 319-232-6061 ext. 10
Unit Floor Plans
- 24-hour emergency response monitoring on-site
- On-site assisted living services available from Lutheran Services of Iowa
- Central dining with private chef in atrium setting
- Theater/Chapel with internet connection
- Community Room with kitchen
- Activities Room
- Computer Den with internet connection
- Library/reading area with fireplace
- Assisted bathing area with whirlpool bath
- Beauty/Barber Salon
- Front porch area with outdoor seating
- Back patio with raised-bed gardens & seating
- Walkway around building, with landscaped grounds
- Guest suite
- Near bus-line
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Spacious 1- or 2-BR apartments
- Fully-equipped kitchen, incl. dishwasher & disposal
- Kitchen desk or island
- Mini-blinds on all windows
- Bathroom vanity area with large closet
- Shower with built-in seat
- Large in-unit storage closet
- Neutral color carpeting and walls
Guidelines are based on the median income for Black Hawk County and are subject to change.
NOTE: These ranges are for MAXIMUM income limits only. Minimum income limits are based on individual cases depending on assistance available.
Income cannot EXCEED these guidelines at the time of move-in.
Effective Date of MAXIMUM Income Limits – 4/18/2022.
(Household size)=Two levels of MAXIMUM Limits, depending on rental rate level.
(1) = $25,240 or $31,550/yr.
(2) = $28,840 or $36,050/yr.
Rental Rates: Effective 01/01/2023
(subject to change)
1 BR: $620 – $770/mo.
2 BR: $740 – $825/mo.
$26.00 per person (nonrefundable)
$75.00 per person (nonrefundable) for in-home
health and medical status evaluation by Open Arms Home Healthcare – Waterloo and required by Iowa Dept. of Inspections and Appeals.
1 BR = 700-826 sq. ft.
2 BR = 849 sq. ft.
Garage: None. Off-street parking.
Bathrooms: 1 bath
Laundry Facilities: A central laundry on each floor for use by all residents.
Additional Amenities: Central Dining Room, Dining Room Meal Service, Nurses’ Office, Assisted Living Services, 24-hour Emergency Response Pendant System, Beauty/Barber Salon, Activity/Hobby Room, Activity/Socialization Programming, Community Room with patio and outdoor seating, Computer Room with internet, Library/Reading Area with fireplace, Chapel/Theater Area, Assisted Bathing Area with whirlpool bath, laundry.
Utilities: Gas and electric are included in unit rent.
Deposit: $800 security deposit (refundable).
City of Waterloo